Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blog Update


It has been a really long time since I have written on my blog and a lot has happened. I have completed a year volunteering at an orphanage in Mexico, taken classes at the local community college, worked several jobs and much more. I will save most of the “what has happened” stuff for latter. I just want to focus on my blog in this post.
I originally started this blog as a way to quickly and easily put out updates during my adventures at Rivers of Mercy Children’s Home. Needless to say that plan didn’t go very well. I only posted twice while living in Juarez. Anyway, I have completed that time of service there and moved back to my childhood home with my family. I still go back to Mexico every so often, but not enough to have a separate blog just for my visits. But, I still have a blog, and the desire to write on it. So, I wanted to change it purpose. I want to use this space for several things. I want my posts to have a consistent theme. I want this blog to be a narration of a journey, my journey with God. This will be my place to tell of what is going on in my life as I endeavor to be a living sacrifice unto God. I still intend to use this as a space to update… but a different kind of update. But it will be used for much more. I want to update as far as my current mission endeavors, life happenings, and walk (with God) excitements. But more so I want this blog to be a place where God is glorified, magnified and exalted. I want to tell of His wondrous works. The main purpose of this blog, now, as it always should have been, is to tell of what God is doing, in my life and in the lives of others. God is amazing and has been very active in my life. I look forward to sharing all the exciting things God has done, is doing and will do. I have a lot of post planned that I look forward to sharing soon. I have a lot to say after keep silent for over a year. Some of the posts I am most excited about include a new Bible study, physical struggles, what’s next for me, and some quick updates about a lot of stuff (mostly past happenings). I have a lot of posts coming up, so, don’t go too far. I hope you enjoy and are encouraged by what you read.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting that you're going to start posting again on here, AJ! I was just wondering the other day if we'd ever hear from you again on here. :) Can't wait to see where you'll take it!

PrincessR said...

Yay! Can't wait to see what posts you have tucked away. :)

Sunday Services at the Orphanage

Rivers of Mercy Children's Home Video Short

Rivers of Mercy Childern's Home