Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hi Everyone

I have been given the opportunity to go to Cameroon, West Africa on a mission and survey trip with my uncle and pastor, Mark Waite. We will be making this eighteen day trip in early August. We will visit and minister in several remote villages which represent three distinct people groups, two of which have not been reached with the gospel. Besides sharing the gospel with unbelievers, usually around campfires at night, we will be teaching, encouraging and helping local pastors. We will be working with an indigenous Cameroonian ministry known as Bread for Life. They are a non-denominational Christian ministry that takes on humanitarian and relief projects, engaging the unreached peoples with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They want to see disciples made and indigenous New Testament churches established that can further the work of the great commission in Cameroon.

We will also be putting on a pastors’ conference in a location that allows many pastors serving in remote areas to attend. The conference will focus on teaching expository Bible preaching, theology, and spiritual leadership development. Finally we will travel to an orphanage about twenty-five miles west of Bamenda. My uncle and his family will be moving there in 2011 to minister. This orphanage was started several years ago by a sixty-seven year old retired school teacher from the United States. She is now in her mid-eighties and suffers from glaucoma and other physical problems. My uncle and his family are planning on assuming the responsibility of this ministry. They are also planning on using this ministry as a natural bridge to engage the Fulbe people that live nearby with the gospel.

God’s timing seems perfect; I will be soon finishing my year of internship at an orphanage in Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. I will be able to use my experience to help my uncle with his assessment. I too will be seeking God’s will for my involvement in missions.

I covet your prayers for myself and the team going to Cameroon.

Please pray that we will effectively communicate Christ in all of our contacts.

Please pray for journey details to be worked out, especially with the necessary visas.

Please pray for that we will each raise the needed funds for the trip. I need to raise $2500.00.

Please pray that we will honor and glorify God by this trip.

Please jot me a note if you are going to be on my prayer support team. My email address is vivoconchristo@yahoo.com

If you are led to financially support me please put “Aaron Waite/Cameroon Mission Trip” on the memo line of your check and mail it to Covenant of Grace Bible Church, Po Box 2099, Edgewood, NM 87015.

I am grateful for your consideration of joining me in this venture. Please remember the monetary gifts are tax deductable. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Running the race,

Aaron J. Waite

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to see what God will do on your trip, A. J.!

Sunday Services at the Orphanage

Rivers of Mercy Children's Home Video Short

Rivers of Mercy Childern's Home